We are pleased to announce that partners Sharon Henrick and Wayne Leach were amongst the winners at the 3rd Annual Global Competition Review Awards held in Washington on 9 April 2013.
The “Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa” was awarded to the Nestlé/Pfizer merger with KWM being named as counsel to Nestlé. Sharon, who is also the head of KWM’s Competition Law & Regulatory Group, acted for Nestlé on this deal and accepted the award last night. The Glencore/Xstrata merger picked up the award for “Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe”, with Wayne acting for both Glencore and Xstrata as part of the international team.
In addition, KWM has scooped up “Australian Competition Law Firm of the Year” at this year’s Lawyers World Global Awards. Sharon said that, “[T]o be recognised as the leading law firm in this year’s awards is a fantastic achievement for the team, and reflects the breadth and depth of our competition capability across the country”.
Other recognition of our KWM Competition Law & Regulatory Group this year includes:
- Caroline Coops won Best Competition Lawyer, Melbourne, in Best Lawyers;
- Lisa Huett, Andrew Monotti, Stephen Ridgeway and Sharon Henrick were ranked as Best Lawyers in Competition;
- Vishal Ahuja was ranked as a Best Lawyer in both Energy and Regulatory;
- Stephen Ridgeway was ranked as a Best Lawyer in Litigation;
- Renae Lattey was ranked as a Best Lawyer in Telecommunications; and
- Trish Henry was ranked as a Best Lawyer in Litigation.
Images of Sharon and Wayne and their shiny awards are below.
1st image: Sharon Henrick, 4th from the right
2nd image: Wayne Leach, 1st from the right
Images courtesy of GCR, taken at the 3rd Annual GCR Awards in Washington